Friday, October 10, 2008

hater


Firstly, I know nothing about the Twilight series or the movie adaptation that is about to be released, plot-wise. I have never read the books and don't plan to. I already know that I hate this story, these characters and basically everything about this entire franchise. The Twilight fans are some of the most annoying people in existence (I used to think that the LOTR and Harry Potter fans were terrible, now they're hardly noticeable, in fact do they even still exist? all I hear is this Twilight hullabullo), lusting over a fictitious character is really lame. A factious vampire? A new echelon of pathetic. Girls in my English class talk about this book as if it's the next big romance or something. Really? The overview of these characters' relationship that I have been given goes something like this:

Edward: Bella, I love you!
Bella: How can you love me? You're perfect and beautiful. And I trip on stuff!
Edward: You smell good, obviously... Let's cuddle!
Bella: OK!

Oh wow, I might faint from all the dizzying, sweep-you-off-your-feet romanticism.

Secondly, why is this being so heavily publicized at Comic Con? It's not a comic book. It's some lame quasi-sci-fi vampire crap for teenage girls who get off on reading Anne Rice. I understand the promotion of films like the upcoming Wolverine and Watchmen, they belong there, but not Twilight. Getting girls into Comic Con through Twilight is really cheap and frankly insulting.

It's dandy and all that teeny boppers and at least reading something, but I just wish they were sensible enough to read something better than a bored Mormon housewife's fantasy version of this vampiric love. It's just another thing in the world reminding young girls that they won't be happy without a guy by their side. It's sad, and why I will never see or read Twilight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your negativity makes me go weak with joy!

haha, i love you muffinz.

Anonymous said...

I read the first and second book at the request of my Twilight-obsessed acquaintance. It's absolute drivel & the romance is as simplistic as you described it.

I don't get what the hype is about.